OHoops

OHoops

Saturday, August 10, 2013

OHoops Ode to Hard Work and Commitment

Blood, Sweat and Tears

Blood, Sweat and Tears are what'll get me there
And it's through all of these that I'll become aware
Of the endless possibilities with no price to pay
But complete dedication, starting yesterday
So let me take a moment, and let me give my grace
Let me thank the One who gave me dreams to chase
I lift my head high as I close my eyes and pray
Thank you for these gifts that you give me every day
Strength of the body, of the soul and mind
The decision to become, one of a kind
Courage and heart, but most of all the light
That rids me of my fears and guides me through the night
Thank you Lord, Amen

Now I've been given a gift, God gave me potential
And gave me a choice, gave me power of will
But this is my life so I have to take the wheel
I'll drive myself so hard, you'll no longer think it's real
And when that empty light turns on I'll keep on driving through
'Cause with the power of will, there's nothing I can't do
And I know there'll be  those times when I come to the wall
You can't go around it, if you climb it you will fall
So thank you God for these gifts, I know what I must do
I'll never back down, I'll break my way through
The wall will fall, the wall will crumble
The dust will rise as the wall's turned to rubble
And I will continue

But through many years, I've been criticized
Because of where I'm from, my height and my size
They say I am too small and my dreams are set too hight
And what do these words do? They give me wings so I can fly
For I don't believe in pre-decided destiny
And when somebody says, "Face reality"
I look at 'em and grin cause I truly believe
With these god-given gifts there's not a thing I can't achieve
Try and stop me, put an obstacle in front of me
And I will overcome, so listen to me thoroughly
I push my body past the limit, push my mind to the extreme
'Cause like the King would say, "I have a Dream"
I'll give whatever it takes

Working every morning, shirt completely drenched with sweat
I look at the clock, there's no time to regret
Every moment counts, every second ticking by
I have no time to waste, I have no tears to cry
For if I do not make it, that'll be on me 
A waste of my potential, and every capability
I was blessed with these gifts, that'll make me sore
And when I feel there's nothing left, I will give some more
Failure's not an option, just an obstacle
And to all who think I'll need a miracle
Do not understand what God has given me
Can't is not a word in my vocabulary
I will live my Dream. God Bless. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

OHoopers, comment here!